Hamantaschen

My mom really likes the traditional Jewish dessert Hamantaschen that is usually made at Purim (in early spring). I've made it for her a couple times, but for Mother's Day this year I bought a can of the poppy seed filling and used the recipe inside the can and I think it was the best batch I've made so far!


The only thing I did differently was to add extra orange peel and it made the cookie part really moist and tasty. Mom likes the poppy seed filling the best, but you can also put preserves or jam inside the cookies. These make a great tea cookie, just leave enough time for chilling the dough (since that's what takes the longest).

2 comments:

The Marcantonios said...

The other thing you did differently this time was cook it at our house! :)

RKP said...

oh and Jack helped. :)

Post a Comment